Show Download Size of a Playlist

As I don't have an unlimited data allowance and space is limited on my phone I need to make playlists available offline when I want to listen to music out and about. 

I think it would be really useful if Spotify would tell you how much disk space a playlist will use before you download it. Then I could more easily manage what music I'm taking with me on the go.

If this would help you out too, please give it some kudos so it gets noticed.

Kind Regards.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Displaying the download size of playlists would help so much with preventing the issue of overloading one's phone. Please implement this.

It would be great to see how large a playlist would be to download onto the Spotify app ACCORDING to the sync quality of music that a user has chosen in Spotify settings. this would be sick and very helpful indeed.

I agree just so I can see the space it's taking up on my phone!

I have not the time to make download.

I will pay for spotify, when I'll have a emergency stream at 16 kbps extremely usefull to not breakup data limit using the phone in the country.  Otherwise  i'll have to pay for extra data and for spotify

it would be very nice

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-09-07

Hey folks, we're back to give this idea another update. We don't have any plans to start displaying the download size of playlists, but we will revisit this as a team if this continues to grow. We're keeping an eye on your feedback here and the rate at which this idea grows each month. If we get any feedback on download sizes for playlists we'll post here first for all of you, thanks!

Would you discuss this idea within the Spotify team again?

I think it has a good number of upvotes by now, and it's a feature that would be really helpful for us the users, both in the Desktop and Mobile clients. I think a good way of implementing the idea would be to have the songs list size (e.g. in MB or GB) in between the "Download" name and the Download sliding button. I hope it's not too difficult to implement and I'll be looking forward to seeing it in future updates.

Thanks.

This is eminently reasonable.  Very basic functionality.  Give the user an approximation at least, so that they can manage the resources on their own device.

I would agree....would like to see this implemented