Show in MSN & Skype what i'm listening to.

I'm sure it used to update MSN with what I'm listening to, but can't remember for sure but it certainly doesn't now.

Would be nice to cover all aspects of social interaction.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

My Msn used to show what I was listening to now it doesn't anymore. I didn't change any of my settings.

Regular

wel, msn will stop working soon, so everyone will be forced to use skype anways

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

Regular

Form Mac there is Moody for this, but I can't run it in Mountain Lion.

However, an embedded version would be nice, but I'm pretty sure if Spotify will ever add this feature, they will do it for Windows first.

Hello all and Happy New Year 😃

i have just tried the Moody app for skype on my iMac, OS Version 10.9.1 and it looks like it works sometimes

you can download it from here MOODY Skype what i'm listening to!

I hope the Spotify team will look on to it and embed it on the next version of Spotify, Peace

I have to say, I do not understand at all why this hasn't been implemented yet, the feature existed for Spotify to MSN. MSN is now long dead, replaced by Skype, yet Spotify has failed to adapt... I know it is hardly essential, but it was nice to have, I can do this easily in foobar2000!

I have to agree, Skype is the prefered medium for most Instant Messaging and voice/video chat these days, it would be nice if the SPotify to Skype feature was implemented. 

I have written a little applescript to update the mood status of Skype and Custom message of Messages to the track that is currently playing in Spotify.

You can use it for either Messages, Skype or both.

Just copy it to your applications folder and run.

http://www.liquidreactive.com.au/files/listening.zip

enjoy

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!