Announcements

Show the featured artist and album! (iOS and PS)

So if an artist is featured on a track, Spotify should show the other one. Spotify should also include the album name. An example is Iggy Azalea's 100. It should say 100, The New Classic, Iggy Azalea ft WatchTheDuck instead of 100, Iggy Azalea.
Updated: 2016-01-28

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake

Hi and thanks for your contribution! Can you clarify your idea a bit? I looked up your example and it shows up for me as 100 - Iggy Azalea, WatchtheDuck - The New Classic. What would you like to change about this?

Marco

blake
Status changed to: Case Closed

I've marked this idea 'Case Closed' for now, as it seems to me that the featured artist and album are displayed correctly. If you feel I've misunderstood your request, please comment on this thread, clarifying what you'd like to see implemented, and I can reevaluate the suggestion's status.

AlphaFoxWarfare
It's hard to explain 😕 on iOS it just says the song name then the artist underneath it. I want the album in there somewhere and the featured artist (if any) next to the artist. This isn't on iPhone so I want it to be. I like the way Music Unlimited has it so it would be nice for Spotify to have this.
blake
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea: this suggestion requests that 'Now Playing' on PS and iOS display the album as well as any featured artists.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-01-28

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!