Show the original composer in Spotify

I love how much classical music is on spotify, but if I am listening to a piece I have never heard before, I would like the composer information to be displayed somewhere! The artist and composer are not the same. And the album may not have the composer in it either, especially if it is a compilation.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD COMPOSER INFO!!!

Hello folks,

We really understand this could be really frustrating, we´d also love to display the composer information in all the tracks.

The content which is coming from the right holders sometimes shows up the composer info, sometimes not, that is why you find composer info in some tracks and not in all of them. The right holders sometimes prefer to show the artist info instead of the composer. For instance, if they show the composer of a Lady Gaga´s song, the track will not show Lady Gaga´s name, just the composer and the title.

Therefore, we are going to mark this as "Case Closed", I hope you all understand this. We will get back to you as soon as we get news on this matter.

Thanks a lot for your contribution and feedback.

:)

Comments
KHPihl
Regular

Why can't Spotify show the composer of the music playing???

iTunes have had this feature for ages…and though it is really a core feature for classical music other genres take an interest in who has composed the music as well.

Untill this is fixed I will continue using iTunes as my primary music player…

dunlace
Gig Goer

I am a professional musician. Spotify is a useful tool but I really NEED to see the composer's name displayed. Why is it missing? Please, please add it asap. 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello folks,

We really understand this could be really frustrating, we´d also love to display the composer information in all the tracks.

The content which is coming from the right holders sometimes shows up the composer info, sometimes not, that is why you find composer info in some tracks and not in all of them. The right holders sometimes prefer to show the artist info instead of the composer. For instance, if they show the composer of a Lady Gaga´s song, the track will not show Lady Gaga´s name, just the composer and the title.

Therefore, we are going to mark this as "Case Closed", I hope you all understand this. We will get back to you as soon as we get news on this matter.

Thanks a lot for your contribution and feedback.

:)

Kisheedy
Regular

Spotify should show Cmposer detals because:

1] Composers are at least as imporrtant as performers !

2] There are many duplicae song names - specifying the composer helps search

3] Classical pieces in particular have vast numbers of Artists performing them ... it is useful to seach based n Composer  

4] If iTunes can do it there is no excuse for Spotify not doing it

If you agree post a comment and say so  ... and Dear Mr/Ms Moderator ... please do not close this unless the problem is solved. The intention of this post is to allow your customers to tell you if this change is needed.

Cheers

mutantdog
Signed Artist

Absolutely, I think the producer should be listed aswell.

gonhidi
Music Lover

I am pretty sure that if one of Lady Gaga's interpretations shows up in a compilation the right holders would very much like the track to be found under her name despite the interpreter's album being “Various Artists”. In the same way, I am quite certain hat if a label releases a classical music album of a well-known composer's work being performed by one or more well.know interpreter (conductor, instrumentalist, singer, etc.) or not, the desire would be to give it the most outreach so that it may be found in as many ways as possible. I hope that this issue is being internally considered in ways beyond those expressed.

[Edited because I posted the wrong message.]

SteinErik
Regular

I too often miss the name of the composer in searching for classical music. This is something Spotify should realy get. The name of the song/piece, album and artist/performer is just not enough.

John_Peterson
Concert VIP

It's important that production credits are fairly and accurately presented.

dvickerman
Regular

Just going to throw another voice in here - WE NEED the COMPOSER info.  I would love to make Spotify my MAIN music source, but for that to happen, I need to be able to search by composer. PERIOD.