Shuffle friend's music

What if Spotify could generate a playlist of the top songs of a user's friends? Right now a user can view trending playlists and a few top tracks but what if you could shuffle more tracks? I know that Facebook can tell which friends interact more/ are "closer." I'm not sure if Spotify has this ability or if it could use this data from Facebook to show users what their "closer" friends are listening to. 

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
DrePlays

Hey,

Yea I like that idea. I was just thinking they could have a button under their People category where you just press play and it plays your friends songs they listen to. Like their top tracks, their tracks they recently added to a playlist and what not. That'd be cool.

DrePlays

Hey,

One more quick note.

Instead of when it goes to the users profile when you click on their picture, it starts playing what songs they are listening to currently.

So friends can listen together.

Cool

jonathanpost

I agree with Dre. Often I don't know exactly what I want to listen to, and I'd like to listen to a random playlist but I dont want to search for a playlist or seed one. So an instant playlist that includes friend's current songs or their top rated/starred songs would be AWESOME.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!