Skip a track in queue

I'd love the ability to skip an upcoming track. For example, if I'm listening to music, I can go to the Play Queue to see what songs are coming up. I might like the order of upcoming tracks, except for one or two. It would be great if listeners could skip these tracks.

The same way a user would queue a song, they just click Skip. They can do this from either the Play Queue screen or from an actual playlist, in which case the next instance of the song in the Play Queue would be skipped.

When a track is skipped, it still appears in its same position in the Play Queue, only grayed out, allowing the user to "Un-Skip" if they choose they would like to listen to the track after all. If the user reshuffles their Play Queue while songs are set to be skipped, the tracks will be reset to normal (not set to Skip).

A song set to be skipped appears in its same position in the Play Queue until the following song begins playing, at which point it appears as it normally would in the History, only grayed out.

Double clicking a track set to be skipped in Play Queue automatically un-skips the track and skips to it, the same as any other track in the Play Queue.

Updated: 2015-09-24

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Skip-an-upcoming-track-in-Play-Queue/idi-p...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hello.

There is an idea with similar suggestions to what you suggest here. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-entire-play-queue-editable/idi-p/4929

Please add your kudos and comments there.

liquidice13
Gig Goer

That idea is nothing like my idea. In fact, I don't agree with that idea at all. My idea is a minimal change and is not restricted to the Play Queue.

liquidice13
Gig Goer

The "Make entire play queue editable" suggestion is an overhaul of the entire Play Queue system. My change lines up with Spotify's current setup.

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Fred
Community Legend

Changed the title slightly to be easier to find through search.

liquidice13
Gig Goer

Although this idea isn't limited to the Play Queue, I suppose every upcoming song is technically in the queue. Thanks!

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-09-24

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Skip-an-upcoming-track-in-Play-Queue/idi-p...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas