Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Smart TV] Radio Option

So as the title says i would like to see a radio option for the smart tv's. I decided i wanted to listen to spotify today on my smart tv and all I could do was listen to my playlists or search for artists. I know smart tv's aren't all that smart but at least with other apps like iheart radio or pandora i can make a radio channel of my choosing. I love spotify and I'm a premium member so i just would like to see more options come to the smart tv.

Updated on 2022-06-22

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.  

As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received, so please continue to add your votes and comments here if you still wish to support this idea.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
jvc129hs
Finally some jist towards the Spotify app on LG Smart. I have been using the app since it came out but began to become more and more frustrated due to the fact that I constantly have to use my remote to look up songs and playlists. As an avid connect user on pc's etc. I would really likr to see support on LG Smart with a faster app update aswell!
Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-11-17

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Samsung-Radio-Create-Radio-Stations-on-Samsung-Smart-TV/...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Jbeaven-us

I see that an app was created for Samsung's smart TVs and DVDs. Great. However, a radio station cannot be created. Previously created radio stations on my PC are also not available. I personally use this feature a lot. The Pandora app for Samsung does show previously created radio staions. This is a request that this feature be added. Thanks. Jim

shole001

This would be awesome.  +1

blake
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated: 2015-11-22

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

graupnerpeters

I have a Vizio smart tv and would love the radio option.

ChandlerThinks

Completely agree!

Bigplayer2382
I hate how I can't listen to Spotify radio through my Vizio TV and it's surround sound. I hate Pandora but I'm going to have to unsubscribe to Spotify and just get Pandora because it works better
Marco
Status changed to: Need more information
Updated: 2016-04-03

Hey there!

Before giving that idea a proper status - what kind of Smart TV do you have (Samsung, LG, etc)?

saved

Hello @Marco

I am wondering why this has to be maker-specific as it appears to be about an enhancement for smart TVs in general.

I have Sony and Toshiba smart TVs in my house. You have mentioned two more makes and there are others out there.

By adhering to this compartmentalised approach to all users' requests it's easy to see why we constantly get No Not Yet responses based on an insufficient number of kudos. Consolidate our support for better smart TV features across all makes and we would get a very different picture than by having separate topics for each manufacturer.

I do understand that you are governed by the rules of this Community. Maybe some of those rules need to change to give a truer picture of what users want.