Announcements

[Smart TV] Radio Option

So as the title says i would like to see a radio option for the smart tv's. I decided i wanted to listen to spotify today on my smart tv and all I could do was listen to my playlists or search for artists. I know smart tv's aren't all that smart but at least with other apps like iheart radio or pandora i can make a radio channel of my choosing. I love spotify and I'm a premium member so i just would like to see more options come to the smart tv.

Updated on 2022-06-22

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.  

As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received, so please continue to add your votes and comments here if you still wish to support this idea.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Malinda

Hello, I would like to be able to start a radio station from the Samsung Smart TV application.  

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

dlxneamtu

+ 1 on this, radio feature if one of the flagships of Spotify. We need it on TVs!

rev_mother

Bump. Need this feature on the Samsung smart TV.

jmcgee

I signed up for Spotify Premium for two reasons.

1. Mobile Radio Feature 

2. No commercials  

I have happily used the radio feature on my computer and on my phone, but have found that it's not available on my Samsung TV app.  I'm sure that there are contractual and technical reasons for this, but can anyone at Spotify tell me if attempts are being made to make the radio feature available on the Samsung TV app?  

I work from home and use this app often, so listening to the same play lists over and over get's tedious. I can make and playlists with my iTunes account with no commercials for free which is making it very difficult for me to justify continuing to pay for Spotify Premium.    

Rushputin

For me, Spotify's killer feature is the curated genre & mood radio stations.  I was very disappointed to learn that they're not available on my TV.

doctormabuse

Radio or Discover options of android app or PC are interesting por Smart TV .... Thank you¡¡¡¡¡

icwor

+1 This feature is highly awaited. Why Spotify does nothing ?

goombah

The only reason I signed up for Premium was to use the radio part in the app on my TV.  As it is now, the app is fairly useless for me.

mgudmund

We need this on Samsung TV's. It's my favorite spotify feature, and I'm lost without it.