[Smart TV] Screensaver

The spotify for TV could have a function to let the black screen.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-07-01

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

whoknowsreally
Casual Listener

Please support this idea. I would like to use the Samsung TV app but am seriously concerned it will permanently damage my TV.

tbeyermusic

I agree.  Just purchased a new Denon 

receiver with Spotify built in and I subscribed for the 3 month trial right away onlybto realize Spotify does not support a screensaver.  This is a major problem for home theatre users.  Please make this a

priority to address.  

fackamato

+1, especially for anyone with an OLED display.

ultrasissi

This should be fairly simple to implement, no? Very strange that people have been asking for this very basic function for years, but Spotify has done nothing yet.

cabe_bedlam

Would love it, even if it just did basic screensaver based on the album art in the playlist.

Neonexus

Yes please, add the screesaver to the spotify Samsung app, as my smart TV doesn't include the image off option.

twodoxen

On Amazon Fire TV, going to the home screen allows the music to continue, but enables the native screen saver to kick in. Only problem is the TV will sleep after 30 min. There are ways around that too with Tasker, some other options; you can search online for them.

Vinceke

It's baffling that this was not implemented in the first place! While I can work around the issue by turning the tv display off, this is tedious as it requires browsing through multiple levels of the menu. Please implement this quality of life feature.

Spartaco1

I also think that it would be great to solve this problem even with a built-in screen saver or with a function that turns the display off. The way it is now you can only listen to one or two tracks without the fear that the screen burns in. A full album is too long because of the static display. So please try to work on this issue because the app is very good, especially the option that enables to connect it with other devices.