[Smart TV] Screensaver

The spotify for TV could have a function to let the black screen.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
cainancg

I really hope to see it soon because I won't risk my tv set that costed me more than $1500 to use an app that I pay about $3 /monthly 

JPLB

Come on Spotify! Obviously a

required feature.

fyzixx

Yes, please implement this easy feature! I wouldn't need anything fancy, just turn the screen black until the next interaction or something. I have a 2016 Samsung TV model that doesn't even have a "screen off" feature in its settings any more, so I'm probably damaging it when using Spotify... And if you don't want to do it yourselves, just give me the source code and your toolchain, I'll do it myself ;)

CuzJon

Been wanting this for ages!

kargodan
Music Fan

Bizzare that this wasn't implemented to begin with. 

user-removed
Not applicable

and nothing??
its very simple, 15 years ago winamp haves it... https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/MilkDrop

the new coders are very busy resolving compatibility issues and making nothing innovative in aps...

Amsel

Yes, please finally add this to the app! 

smash_my_tash

1+

user-removed
Not applicable

I am a heavy spotify user on my TV through ps4 and really wish there was a screensaver.

twodoxen
Even if the standard fire screensaver kicked on that would be fine. This
can't be that hard.

##- Please type your reply above this line -