So who is making these horrible decisions?

I've been a Premium Spotify user since the US Beta. Changes have finally reached the point where I decided to become vocal about my dislikes. 

FACEBOOK INTEGRATION
I DON'T HAVE A FACEBOOK. When I signed up for Spotify, I signed up for a streaming music service, not a Facebook add-on. As time progressed, Spotify made the HORRIBLE decision to get rid of usernames, forcing us to link to Spotify to Facebook. As a result, it became harder and harder to add my friends and share music. With the latest iOS update I CAN'T SHARE MUSIC AT ALL unless I link my Facebook. I have spent hundreds of dollars over the years on this service and I expect to be able to share music using Spotify's own username system - you know, like it was when I joined.

iPhone - SORT BY DATE ADDED

It is freaking IMPOSSIBLE to manage playlists using the app, on iPhone you can't sort by recently added. This means that if I want to listen to any music I've added to a playlist, I have to scroll down to the VERY BOTTOM of the list to see, or manually drag every individual song to the top of the list. This is possible on the iPad and PC app, but iPhone has gotten the shaft. The only way I can listen to new music on iPhone is by utilizing the Starred list. Which brings me to...

STARRED LIST
Seriously. Who thought phasing this out would be a good idea? Does the Spotify team actually use Spotify? Until this comes back, I'm not sure how I'll be managing new tracks while listening on the go. I think there's enough negative feedback about this to get it brought back, but if not I guess I'll have to start comparing Spotify features to that of other streaming services. Ease of use is a very big priority, especially when I'm behind the wheel of a car when I use the app on the go.

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately this idea here contains more than 1 request and/or general feedback which makes it impossible for the Spotify staff to manage the received kudos / give it a proper ideas status. The ideas exchange is here to request a single feature per topic that people can vote on via kudos. If you want to start a general discussion, that's cool! But then please create a topic in the respective help section for that. ;)

Also, please have a read at the ideas submission guidelines on what to consider when posting an idea. The most important things are to post only 1 idea per topic and to use the SEARCH function, since most ideas are already out there in the ideas forum.

You might want to check out some popular idea examples of the new "Your Music" feature and the new dark UI.

More information and a place for feedback about those 2 new aspects of Spotify can be found here. ;)

Your Music:

- Bringing Back Starred Playlist System

- Bring back the library

- Ability to make Your Music offline

- many more using the Search function...

New Black UI:

- Add an option to switch to the old UI

- Less Space between Lines

- Zoom options to change the size of all elements

- again, more to find via search

Thanks again!

Comments
OmriSama
Casual Listener

I completely agree. While I am a very avid Facebook user and Spotify user, I don't think they have to be so connected. Users should be allowed to have a Spotify account separate from a Facebook account. 

And yes, getting rid of Starred was a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE decision. It was always so nice and convinient to be able to Star songs with one click. Now it's gone. And I love my starred playlist. So they need to bring it back IMO.

adisib
Community Legend

Forced facebook integration? One of the worst decisions that can be made

platinumtach

The starred quick button/option needs to come back yesterday. The playlist is still sitting in my listing... with a star next to it... It is just a nice quick way to save a song for later. Why would you remove functionality... usually companies would add functionality. Seems very counterproductive.
I have been a long time subscriber of Premium and this new update just plain sucks.

Oh... and the text needs to have an option to make it smaller and turn it back to grey. You guys ever think of a theme setting... Not saying you have to have hot pink or anything.. just a few options, light, dark...

These recent updates are really making me think twice about sticking with Spotify when there are so many other services out there...

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately this idea here contains more than 1 request and/or general feedback which makes it impossible for the Spotify staff to manage the received kudos / give it a proper ideas status. The ideas exchange is here to request a single feature per topic that people can vote on via kudos. If you want to start a general discussion, that's cool! But then please create a topic in the respective help section for that. ;)

Also, please have a read at the ideas submission guidelines on what to consider when posting an idea. The most important things are to post only 1 idea per topic and to use the SEARCH function, since most ideas are already out there in the ideas forum.

You might want to check out some popular idea examples of the new "Your Music" feature and the new dark UI.

More information and a place for feedback about those 2 new aspects of Spotify can be found here. ;)

Your Music:

- Bringing Back Starred Playlist System

- Bring back the library

- Ability to make Your Music offline

- many more using the Search function...

New Black UI:

- Add an option to switch to the old UI

- Less Space between Lines

- Zoom options to change the size of all elements

- again, more to find via search

Thanks again!