[Social] Ability to make followers/following on your account private

Would it be possible to increase control and privacy over your account by making followers/following private and having the ability to block other accounts from following you?

Considering this is a paid-for subscription service, users should at least have this basic privacy control over their accounts.

Thanks,

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 50 votes in 3 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Noah
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-11-18

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

Please also see these two related ideas:

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

uriyg

Recently I discovered that there was no way to make my profile completely private and without finding a solution, I had to delete the profile until the situation was resolved.
By privacy, I mean that it was impossible to find my profile by my login, as well as the inability to subscribe to the profile and see my subscriptions.
It is a shame that the company cannot implement the feature that users have been asking for since 2012.

bmlanosga
Visitor

i agree. harassment is happening

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jacob
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 50 votes in 3 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Related Ideas