Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Social] Allow accounts created with Facebook to edit profile

Accounts created with Facebook do not have the ability to edit profile like email address, DOB, etc. 
Spotify says it’s because the person info is taken directly from Facebook.

Many users have deleted their Facebook accounts, but still want to take full control of their Spotify account.

I’m sure we have the right to be able to edit our Spotify profile without having to contact support.

Creating a new account is not an option for many of us because of the listening history and the curated recommendations.

Spotify, please give us full control of our accounts. I don’t want my account to be regarded as “created with Facebook” forever.

Updated on 2021-06-13

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here- feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
Ver
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-13

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here- feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!