[Social] Automatically activate Private Session on a schedule

Hey there,

I feel that a feature that allows you to set a schedule to automatically start Private Sessions would be a huge improvement to Spotify on all platforms.

I entered a suggestion a while back about how to improve Discover Weekly. First of all, thank you for addressing it and directing me to this post where many users expressed similar suggestions or ideas. My issue, however, remains an issue.

The Private Session feature is not quite what I'm looking for in a feature like what I proposed. The primary problems are that:

1. A user has to remember to turn on a Private Session
    • I'm already tired by the time I'm turning on soothing music to fall asleep, and I don't want to have to remember to turn on one other setting, as other users on the other thread have suggested
  2. Private sessions have a fixed timeframe of 6 hours.

As it is, my nighttime listening habit is destroying the usefulness of many of Spotify's other features, including Discover Weekly, the Daily Mixes, and any other feature that uses an algorithm to suggest music based on my specific tastes.

Perhaps an auto-timer for "Auto-Private Session" or "Private Session Schedule" would be the best middle ground. Add a new feature that allows me to specify a time for Private Sessions to automatically start, on a weekly basis, like an alarm. E.g. M-F, if I start listening to music between 10 PM and 4 AM, automatically start a Private Session.

I love Spotify, and honestly if I had to give up every subscription I have except for one, I would keep Spotify over everything else. Thank you for all of the work that you do to make a great product.

Cheers,

Robert

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
ChewBobcca
Casual Listener

I submitted this suggestion under the primary account of our family account by mistake. I am happy to provide additional details as needed.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-09-17

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-09-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.