Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Comments

Now I hate to use another music platform as an example, but Soundcloud has a feature that allows you to see comments on a song. Why do want this on Spotify? In my personal opinion I think that comments are something that is just nice to see because I like seeing what other peoples thoughts are on a song. Allowing comments would allow a user to see the general public reaction to a song. Example: I like this song, I'm debating whether or not to show it to someone. I check the comments to see what other people have to say about it, if the comments are positive I'm more to likely to listen to the song and share it to others

Cons: Negative feedback and bad spam on certain artists.  fix: block spam, filter certain words, have a message before a user comments saying that you will be banned from commenting if the comment is harsh towards the artist

You could even make a feature that allows the user to turn it on and off if you want to see the comments or not. Like a hide comments button 

Updated on 2023-11-03

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Todo-es

180 votes needed for idea. You know what it is.

Todo-es

I know it's been suggested before. But get the votes here, an we'll have a chance to be heard; If the vote amount required by Spotify is met. 180 votes needed in 60 days.

AblissMusic

I'd love to see the Spotify platform become more social, and see support for song/podcast comments/comment replies added. One thing I love about platforms like YouTube is how social those platforms are. I'd love to see Spotify become one of YouTube's competitors in that sense, but one that relies specifically on music and podcasts. I personally think that could be a game-changer for you guys!

sunilmulgund

Why don't you add w comments section to your songs..like I would like to know what others think about the song..Like consider @YouTube for eg.. I read comments, I feel more connected to the video or the content creator,artist.. people like to share their stories, experience, people connect with that.. it's a nice experience...

Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-04-01

Hello and thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion, which sounds like a repost of this inactive idea.

You can also check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a comment section for podcasts too.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

ParentalControl

I wouldn’t want this feature until Spotify implements blocking followers! Beware this would be privacy nightmare.

Hope-Nosufring

Yes get the votes in this time! Seeing comments on songs would be pretty darn fun, both for one off comments and more in-depth back and forth discussion comments! S.cloud even has comments for certain timestamps in each song, and YT also has comments, so it's odd that we don't even have comments. I wonder if there would be a drawback to having comments, but I have a hard time seeing it because all other platforms have comments. 

KW48

This is a great idea. I would like to vote for it but for some reason the vote button is not working for me

Edit: it finally worked

Add a comments section where users can comment about the track. Just like YouTube

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.