Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Comments

Now I hate to use another music platform as an example, but Soundcloud has a feature that allows you to see comments on a song. Why do want this on Spotify? In my personal opinion I think that comments are something that is just nice to see because I like seeing what other peoples thoughts are on a song. Allowing comments would allow a user to see the general public reaction to a song. Example: I like this song, I'm debating whether or not to show it to someone. I check the comments to see what other people have to say about it, if the comments are positive I'm more to likely to listen to the song and share it to others

Cons: Negative feedback and bad spam on certain artists.  fix: block spam, filter certain words, have a message before a user comments saying that you will be banned from commenting if the comment is harsh towards the artist

You could even make a feature that allows the user to turn it on and off if you want to see the comments or not. Like a hide comments button 

Updated on 2023-11-03

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Linkswon

I think it would be really cool to add a comment section for song's so people can discuss things as well as feel more connected to the artists and fandom. 

Benjfeir

It would be fun to be able to write and read comments on songs similar to YouTube. You could like and dislike comments so you could sort by only the most relevant/best ones, or by the newest, etc... Artists could like comments they like as well. Very similar to YouTube, just without the music video.

IdoNirTheGreat

My idea is to add a comment section for individual songs. This way people can share what they think about songs and what makes them special. Music and art is all about making people sympathize with each other, so why not let the people share about songs?

bijal34
A feature where users can comment or discuss their thoughts on songs or albums by artists-a discussion forum if you will. 

I think this would be a really beneficial feature for users to engage in discussions about music and for artists as well, to see what the thoughts are regarding their music. 
Francis16

a comment option on the songs or playlist.

For other users and artists to know what their fans or other listeners think.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-09-26

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

Joan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

ParentalControl

Comments would require it to be a privacy concern. Until Spotify fixes the playlist issue and adds parental controls to playlists for family plans. The More social features added there would need to be a serious overhaul to Spotify's Profile and playlist privacy settings.

When privacy settings are implemented properly first then I would be totally fine with it.

Rigbygarrett

Maybe there is a song u really like but it swears and that makes u uncomfortable. Now you can just comment telling the artist that they would make a clean version. Or giving an idea for a collaboration with another artist. This can happen through comments on songs or on the artist page for more community feedback.

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-30

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Spotify Ideas Exchange.

Your suggestion has been marked as a New Suggestion and will be reviewed by the Spotify staff once it receives enough votes. We appreciate your contribution and look forward to your continued support of this idea!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.