[Social] Create a Group Playlist from Friends

Basically a button to connect Spotify users together and automatically create a smart playlist based on common musical interests and songs/artists that could fit.

Ideal for those long road trips/parties with new friends/colleagues. Would even work great as a pickup line or at the start of any great relationship. "Wanna Spoticonnect with me?"

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-12-23

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-03-02

Marked as new idea.

RoK_
Casual Listener

Just gonna leave the text of my suggestion here to provide further inspiration. It was marked as a duplicate of this one.

@RoK_ wrote:

Problem

Whenever I want to listen to music with multiple people someone has to be in charge of the music. And whenever it's my turn to choose I feel like I'm not satisfying everyone's taste in music.

Suggestion

Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a feature that enabled you to automatically find a common ground?

At the beginning you could specify with whom you are currently listening to music (maybe add the accounts to a temporary or permanent group). Then your AIs would work their magic and suggest songs that would likely be enjoyed by everyone. 

If there is no common ground to be found then at least it could suggest songs from each users taste in equal quantities so no one feels left out.

Anyways, love what you've done with the place! Keep on trooping!

bradknox
Casual Listener

Following @RoK_'s lead:

"Spotify already has a pretty good idea of its users' tastes. That's the hard part.

Why not use it to create playlists that 2 or more Spotify users will like when on dates, road trips, playing board games, or whatever small-group activity?

From an algorithmic standpoint, this additional step would be easy: use the recommendation engine for each user to find songs that rank high for all of them."

bradknox
Casual Listener

Here is a simpler version of this feature (with a bunch more votes): https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Friendship-playlists/idi-p/4584573. I think these could be combined.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-12-23

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke