[Social] Find everyone by just typing the Username

As of right now there is not a way to search a spotify created account unless it is connected to a Facebook Page. It would be nice if users could be found without having to be connected to Facebook.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-06-17

Marked as new idea.

toby767

I want to find friends without logging in to Facebook!!!

YungOks
Casual Listener

Recently I've noticed you can't find people if you search for them. This is just super inconvenient as sometimes I desire to stalk people's playlists or want to become a mutual follower with someone and yet I can't because I don't follow that person and therefore cannot access their profile. I can, of course, use some kind of neanderthalic approach and beg that person to share a playlist of theirs with me so that I can find them, but this is super inconvenient and I don't wanna bother all the people whose playlists I wanna creep on smh. Anyway, this used to be a feature idk why it's gone now??

erlingur

I've recently been having difficulties finding users on spotify by entering usernames, especially of those who are linked with facebook. The social part of Spotify is a big part of my user experience and I would like a fix. 

madam_megorium

it is entirely ridiculous that you can not search friends on spotify without connecting to facebook. I also was unable to deactivate an account that was on a family plan where i was'n't the administrator, I contacted spotify several times about this and had absolutely no response. I then decided to just sign up another account instead, using another email address, as the exisitng account on the family subsciption was connected to my facebook.Now I have another account but am unable to connect with any friends because I can't use my facebook because its connected to the other account already! What sort of convoluted backward system is this!

isacbx
Casual Listener

Wait... but that’s possible. I can do that! 

iova
Casual Listener

Hello,

I can find not-facebook Users by searching their username.

But they can't find me.

Maybe it's because I changed my facebook name, recentely?

By the way I can't find myself when searching for my username...

Is there a workflow for that?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!