Announcements

[Social] Fully Private Profile

Add a feature to fully remove yourself from search and to remove yourself from people you might know + anonymous listening 24/7

Updated on 2021-12-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Emilynk3

Currently, anyone can follow anyone's account. There is no way to prevent someone from following you. If someone has a follower they do not want to see what music they are listening to, they have to go on private and prevent all their other followers from viewing their listening data. This issue would be minimized if there were private accounts, you could block someone, or create a "special friends list" where only certain people can view your streaming data.

osornios
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-03

Marked as new idea.

Please check this related Idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Block-Followers/idi-p/310496

ddmzz_

I think this is a really good idea. I don't want some stranger to see which artist I follow or what music I like to listen to. Or even who my friends are. Only the people I accepted to follow me should be allowd to see my followers, the artist I follow and what I'm listening too.

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

MafeG
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-12-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Flamonti

The account may be private and ours playlists not available to all the followers . 
its so uncomfortable we dont be able to stay private and with no followes. I dont want to share my musics. 

miniiscule

when someone blocks you, they can still see your profile. and if you block someone, they can still log into like a burner account. so, having a private account feature would fix this issue so nobody is uncomfortable of potential viewers on their account 🙂 

Cykos

I have the same issue where I want to only share my music with my followers and nobody else but unfortunately they can make a second account to see my music anyways