[Social] I want to block some artist and user account

Okey I love useing Spotify. I can found every artist that I want to listen. But  I hate some of the artists. I Don't want to see them in any playlist or any page. I want to block them. On the other level, maybe we can block some user account. I think if I can block anyone in any platform, why can't I block on Spotify. For example I have sue with an artist or user account that I know and I don't want to see them any way. Why can't I block right?

Updated on 2021-05-20

According to the Idea Exchange Guidelines, there may only be one submission of an existing idea. If there’s already a similar idea, you can add your votes and comments to it to show your support. For more information, check out the Guidelines here.

A similar idea has been submitted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496 

Comments
lavendert0wn
Casual Listener

I agree with you - although blocking in some form is available by selecting the "…" button on an artist page and then selecting "Don't play this artist", it doesn't fully work as it should - I still get suggestions for their new releases even after using this option. I feel like it needs to be better implemented to work properly as an actual blocking feature

QWERTYTREWQ
Casual Listener

Me too. Every time I use spotify I wish there were a block option. This needs to be implemented to prevent harassment and give users better experiences.

ParentalControl
Composer

Seems like Spotify removed the folder Hidden Artist/Song from the new mobile library! This is very bad!

New Idea submissions here: 

[Mobile][Your Library] Bring back Hidden/Block Art... - The Spotify Community

Jacob
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-20

According to the Idea Exchange Guidelines, there may only be one submission of an existing idea. If there’s already a similar idea, you can add your votes and comments to it to show your support. For more information, check out the Guidelines here.

A similar idea has been submitted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Block-Followers/idi-p/310496 

Related Ideas