[Social] Let people around you see what you're listening to

Living in a college town, I'm surrounded by people with headphones in. Although I can't assume they're all using Spotify, it would be cool to be able to make my personal music selection viewable to others around me. I'm always in the mood to hear new music and discover some underground artist. 

I really don't know a thing about apps but just had this idea outta nowhere when I was jamming to The Nationals, an artist I would of never heard of if it wasn't for my hipster friend from Chicago.

-Cooper

Purdue University

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-11-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-11-23

Marked as new idea and edited it to let if focus on 1 request.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

A similar idea for a friend / follower feed on mobile has also been suggested here.

blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-11-23
Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-See-what-people-around-you-are-listening/idi-p/14...

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough likes. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-11-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas