[Social] Music Sync Chatroom

Hello Spotify,

My friends and I have a really good idea that we think could revolutionize how people use and enjoy Spotify. Everyone likes to share their new favorite song with a friend. Why not add a service that allows friends to listen to the same songs or playlists at the same time online? The Music Sync feature would be just that. Someone could use this sharing service by inviting a fellow spotify premium member into a party or session that has music playing. All the music would be controlled by either the group leader (DJ) or it could be opened up to any member in the group. The session would play either individual songs, or playlists, and each person in the group would be listening to the same songs at the exact same time. There would also be a chat function in which people could communicate with one another about the songs. The users present within one of these syncing sessions would also be able to drag and drop song requests into a song request box. The leader (DJ) would then be able to choose to add the requested songs into the song cue. The requests that are presented to the (DJ) can be voted on by the members of the party with a thumbs up or down. If a song is requested by more than one person, rather than listing that song again, it will be given an additional thumbs up for each request. In a large party the chat may get chaotic and the song request approvals may move too slowly, in order to remedy this there could also be a moderator feature. The leader (DJ) could select members of the party to be upgraded to being moderators, these individuals would now have the power to kick out rowdy chat members, and approve as well as add new song requests to the que.

This music sharing and syncing feature would not only allow people to share music with friends, but it could also be a fun way of finding an artist or musicians that you had never heard of before. I have friends that live far away from me and I like to share new music with them all the time. Rather than trying to sync an online music video at the same time to listen to a song together, this feature would be a fun and easy way to do so.  It could not only be a fun way to listen to music with friends, but could also be a way for people to DJ parties or gatherings easily. In fact, celebrity DJs may even want to host public shows through this new Spotify feature. This would be extremely convenient for people that can’t travel to live shows, and a great way for DJs to interact with their fans on a whole new level. As an avid music lover and a huge supporter of Spotify, I feel like a new feature like this one could make something that is already great, even greater.

P.S. Please check out the attachments below in which my friend Anthony Tran used Photoshop to create what some of these features and settings could look like.

Thank you for listening,
Zach Gergurich

CHAT OPTIONS.png
SONGREQUEST.png
MOD SETTINGS.png

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

hey this would be so dope for xbox live sessions with my friends adding a better gamming experience to any game just imagine a heavy metal playlist while playing a raid in destiny 2  , Imagine the effect of music at the gym but in a game party!

user-removed
Not applicable

hey this would be awesome!

Please Add This. I would love Spotify forever. 😉

Please add now.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!