[Social] See Music in common with Friends

I would like a way to see which songs (if any) I have in common with everybody on my friends list. This could include songs in our playlists, or in our libraries, or both (maybe a way to change this, even to see common songs per playlist?). I keep being surprised that my friends listen to certain same songs as I do when I see them in the Friend activity sidebar.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-02-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-21

Marked as new idea.

electricdinos

I was looking for something like this because to me, it seems like Spotify has a lot more potential as a social platform than is being used currently. An example of a way that this could work is a "Compare" feature on user profiles where you can view a Venn diagram representing the percentage of your library that overlaps with theirs, so you can see how similar your tastes are. In addition, there might be a list of which artists specifically you have in common, as well as a list of related artists that the other person listens to. This way, you can not only get to connect with friends over similar music, but also discover new music based on what you both enjoy.

goke

I thought the same thing couple days ago. If we could match with a person via QR code and see our common songs,

it would be pretty amazing. Music is a very efficient way to gather people. Having common things keep us together!

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-02-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke