[Social] Spotify, the own music social network

I wish Spotify had a social network baked in. Music is shareable by essence. It’s a communal experience. Plus discovery would be improved. Relying on Facebook/Twitter adds friction and is limiting for Spotify since it can't fully own the experience. Plus Spotify could grow its user base by becoming more social .Right now the "social" features are very limited and don't really let user interact with each other. No likes, no direct sharing/recommandations between spotify users. It's basically a very lonely experience. It shouldn't be that way. Plus more social activity means more data fro Spotify and a more vibrant community for artists to reach out to. I actually don't understand why Spotify never went down that route (I'm sure the idea has been toyed with internally). More details on that idea here => https://medium.com/@rfreling/where-spotify-should-go-from-here-54d328d8adcc

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-04-04

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-03

Marked as new idea.

Music Fan

Love the idea of Spotify being more social.  Back in the early MySpace days (yeah I'm old) I made several close friends based on common music interests.  Now I hardly know anybody into my music.  It is an important part of many peoples lives so why not bring them together.  All the other social media sites suck **bleep**!

Music Fan

since when is **bleep** an expletive...lol

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-04-04

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.