[Social] "Display Name" separate from "User Name"

Please give users WITHOUT a connected Facebook account the option to create a Display Name (that is searchable) for their account. Usernames are often clunky and hard to share with others or find. I'd rather people find my playlists via my real name than "tbrune0362".

Thank you.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-10-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-10-22

Marked as new idea.

andreshoumatoff

I followed the 3-4 previous posts to this link.  I'm still strongly in support of this. 

thanks! 

erlendengan

Would love to have this oportunity with my private account. See that I for some reason can't vote, but definately strongly support the idea. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-10-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.