Song marking

A way to mark or favorite sections of a song.  See image attached.  Song "Nucleus" by "Long Distance Calling".  Section to mark is 3:53 - 6:13.  See image for graphics.

spotify suggestion.jpg
Updated: 2015-10-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

terful

Maybe also the option to start/play only at the starred segments. This is a great idea! I hope more people see this. 

katsumii
Roadie

I absolutely love this idea.

Also, I totally concur with terful, as a future implementation. (Maybe acting like "book ends", to crop the start and end the track. Or "highlighting," to select sections of the track.... but now we're getting into music editing .... :p )

This would make my experience complete. Lol. :)

I'm a prog rocker and a classical music appreciator (although not enough!!), also into jazz. Anyway, all kinds of music out split into segments, progressions, musically-driven stories, segues and adventures with peaks and lows. Some tracks are entire concerts. The monologue and comedy-bit listeners would truly appreciate this for multitudes of purposes.

...Additional thoughts, if I may?

— Maybe toggle the visibility of the feature in the user's Settings?  Because people might get mad from accidentally "marking" tracks, when they mean to scrub along the timeline.

—  ^ in addition, apply a button that "Clears all tracks' marks" (something similar) into Settings/Preferences

— How about a user-friendly way to clear individual marks? E.g., Right-click it, remove the mark. 

Best of luck with this suggestion!!! It was featured in the Spotify blog, hopefully that's a good sign!!! ^_^

katsumii

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ 

MM-Design
Casual Listener

Well people need to push this then.  I still want it!

MM-Design
Casual Listener

Didnt realize it was in the spotify blog, that's cool!

juggy32

This is one advantage of iTunes over Spotify.  On iTunes you right-click the song listing, click Get Info and then Options.  At Options you can edit the playtime to crop off the beginning and/or end.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-10-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!