[Sonos] Play local tracks when in the same network

Spotify is nice enough to let me add tracks to my playlists that are stored locally on my Windows PC but which are not available on the Spotify service.  However these tracks are grayed out and will not play when I try to access a Spotify playlist on my Sonos system.  It would be great if they would just play.. It doesn't seem too much of a stretch since the Windows PC and Sonos system are on the same network, and I can access my local tracks in Sonos via the Music Library.  But it would be nice if I didn't need to stop the Spofity playlist, flip over to the Music Library and manually search for the tracks in order to hear them.  I would rather just enjoy the company at my party.

Updated: 2016-02-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Unfortunately the sonos streams directly from Spotify's server.

Spotify doesn't store you local files on their server, so that is why they will not play. One of the downsides to local files. 

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Regular

I just want to add that deezer's solution to this problem is by uploading the user's local files to their servers, but not make it searchable by anyone else. The system is still a bit buggy but it does work most of the time so I don't see why this is not something that Spotify can implement. After all, by looking at the metadata Spotify can identify identical songs from different users and thus avoid having to upload multiple copies of the same song.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-02-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!