[Sony] 5.1 Audio Output instead of only 2.1 on Playstation

Wish I did not have to resort to this inferior audio quality of Spotify!! I had 5.1 audio output from Music Unlimited, with the optical out of my PS3, and it was 5.1, now I have to settle for this inferior 2.1 audio quality of Spotify out of my PS3, on the optical port.

Will you ever have high quality 5.1 audio, anytime soon (for no cost difference!) for Spotify, on the PS3, like I did with Music Unlimited on my PS3, instead of this lousy alternative service.

Updated: 2016-04-05

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-04-07

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Stanwick
Casual Listener

Same problem here! Really hoping for the 5.1 output! 

csubex

Same here!

Abschda71

Same here, please support 5.1 soon! (PS3)

THX

ugurtelci

do you have any update for ps4?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-04-05

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!