[Sony] Play local tracks in Ps4 App

Why was this not in there from the start?! A fair bit of my music is stored locally so big chunks are missing from my playlist.

I'm not sure if you can use a similar procedure as the mobile app, but if it's possible I'd ask if you could allow users to transfer local files to the Ps4 over the Wi-Fi network.

regards

Mike

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-03-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-03-30

Snorfle
Casual Listener

I love the idea of being able to play local tracks, but how would this work for the PS4?   Does it even have MP3 support yet?  (PS3 I could see.)

What would be awesome is if you could play "local" tracks on a LAN (i.e. sitting on a computer) via Spotify, but I'm not sure how complicated that would be to implement...

EricDiGug

Yes, offline access please!  

Snailas

Offcourse it will be something missing.Most of my favorite songs is local.Tipical. 

#PS4 #Sony

Seth_soul

When does the local files will be avaible on PS4???

The PS4 now supports mp3 and other playback.  Local files can be added via usb/external hard drive.  However, the ps4 Spotify app has virtually no functionality compared to the Android or computer. This is actually frustrating to not be able to play my local files on my ps4. 

There is a serious problem with not being able to find tracks, and/or artists on Spotify.  I don't recall ever having that problem with the previous Sony music app.  The very least that could be done is allow us to upload our own local files. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-03-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!