[Sony][Playlists] Sort Playlists on Playstation

I've been a ''lifelong'' fan of Spotify. I was very enthusiastic when they released it on Playstation 4, but ever since I first used it on PS4 I've been somewhat frustrated. I'm not here to whine nor complain. But I want to get some attention to the problems or rather whats lacking with Spotify on the PS4.

First of all, when you select a playlist you start at the first song on that list, earliest added that is. I have about 1600+ songs in my main playlist and there is no way to filter my playlist on PS4. This means that i have to either search for each song I want to listen to, or I have to scroll through 1599 songs to get to my latest added song. The time it takes to move trough songs is also very slow and doesn't speed up when continuously scrolling through songs.This is extremely tedious and not at all user friendly. What I simply suggest, is to implement an update for this app where one can select ones playlist and sort your playlist by artist, song name, or simply by date added, anything really. As you can on every other platform of which Spotify is supported. Because as it stands now, the app is very useless to me. Writing on PS4 is rather slow compared to PC, therefore if I want to queue or find 10 songs, it's going to take a ''long'' time. Also, I have added music to my playlist since 2010-2011 i believe. And my music taste has changed quite a bit since then, as i believe everyones does. I don't really want to be ''forced'' to listen to my earliest added songs simply because it's somewhat impossible for me to reach the other side of my playlist with ''fresh'' music. A queue list would also be nice. 

In conclusion what I suggest is simply to give us more options, make the playlists more user friendly in terms of implementing filters to the playlists to easily find our desired song, artist, album or whatever. Really just making it a bit more alike to the Spotify app on Android or PC, because in my opinion these work excellent in terms of the issues I'm adressing here. We don't need the flashy big pictures and big squares that is currently used today to show one song on PS4. Just make it easy to find music and it will be easy to enjoy it. Also a queue list showing more than 3 songs would be great, as I said this can be accomplished by reducing the size of each song's size, perhaps by giving us the option of showing the songs in either columns or in big squares as it currently is. 

Thank you for your time, and sorry for the long post. 

spotify.jpg
spotify 2.jpg

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-07-11

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-07-15

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

pramudityaa

yes! +1 vote cos i want this to happen in the next update!

zLucky7
Music Fan

Would also really like to have the option to sort my Playlists in the Ps4 music menu (from long pressing ps button) so I can sort music from the latest added. Please consider adding this feature! 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-07-11

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!