Sort Albums in reversed Order on Artist Page

I often listen artist's full catalogue or few albums in chronological order. Now I have to compose queue to make that happen.

Being able to reverse album order would be a helpful feature.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
tilleysong

I WANT THIS SO BAD.  PLEASE.

CM75X
Casual Listener

Hello!!

So, the original idea was submitted on 2012-03-03. The last update was submitted on 2015-09-17. It is now 2017-08-28. That's a long time to wait for such a valuable update! Please Spotify...if not for 2017, then for 2018! You will make a lot of people happy with this feature!

ostapski
Casual Listener
not fixed .. - dudes at spotify created a new system "Idias" ... there are over 42,000 of them ... and only 300+ fixed ...nice ...basically - they ignore anything we post here ... unless it would make more profit . Software... comparing to when i started to use it and the one i've now - is going down the drain. even this window ...i'm not allowed to insert new lines - brilliant
ostapski
Casual Listener
For anyone who is fed up with spotify updates - https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/windows/old ..... choose your version ..most of them will work (older versions might not look or work fine)... but of coz - you'll need to take "write" privileges off the exe files after that to avoid updates after restart.
ostapski
Casual Listener
version 1.0.42.151... working fine .... no recent bugs
Caasi615
Casual Listener

still a good idea for long-term bands with 10+ albums. MAKE IT HAPPEN SPOTIFY PLS! is that SO hard to program?

Caasi615
Casual Listener

the album realse date could be a tag, them this coould be organized, the same way it does in a playlist

papasmurph
Regular

I've developed a simple Spotify Playlist Creator called Gramofy that sorts in release date order and allows you to filter both on album type and further manually select what specific albums to include, and also re-order them. You can also switch to a related artist, or start over completely, if you change your mind. In the simplest case you just click a few times and you're done.

It's not possible to filter separately on studio and live albums (Spotify considers both just "album"), so manual selection becomes important.

Also, what Spotify gives as release date might be for the remaster rather than the original album, but you can re-order via drag-n-drop.

I tend to listen to studio albums only, and without (often malplaced) bonus tracks, that remasters often have for some reason ("added value"?).

I just noted that if I sort a playlist on any of the options available at Spotify, it's close to impossible to come back to the original playlist order. With Gramofy it's though simple to just re-generate playlists that get out of order.

https://gramofy.com

Gramofy.png

papasmurph
Regular

Gramofy now supports drag-n-drop reordering of albums.

illuztrated

This is way overdue. How is this not a thing yet?