Sort Albums in reversed Order on Artist Page

I often listen artist's full catalogue or few albums in chronological order. Now I have to compose queue to make that happen.

Being able to reverse album order would be a helpful feature.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Jer
Regular

Friends,

Yes, being able to reverse album order is a good idea.  For one thing you'd be able to evaluate the artist's  development over time.

Cheers!

Jer

user-removed
Not applicable

I completely agree with this suggestion. I prefer to start with the earliest album and listen in chronological order. It would be nice to just be able to toggle between the orders easily, kind of how files on a computer could be sorted.

-saturnineinch

FatIgor

Found this thread when searching for a way to do this type of sorting. It is definitely needed.

Igor.

askeeve

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

halpwr
Music Fan

Why is it that when looking at an artist, sometimes albums aren't sorted chronologically by time? Could that be an option? 

Seems you can't even listen to an artist chronologically, because Spotify uses a weird way to sort...

Greeface

I agree that this is necessary.  I often have to bust open the alternate media player because of this.

kapelophilus

I want to know where an artist has come from, and how they have changed and developed their work. This hard to do currently without creating hundreds of carefully-organized playlists that clutter up my side-bar. Please add this feature!

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos (kudo requirements have been changed) the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

theragu40

This would really be a great add to Spotify.  One of the best things about Spotify is the ability to follow an artist's discography, but it's kind of a pain because of the way albums are ordered in reverse chronological order.  This seems like a simple way to greatly improve usability.

Mazui
Casual Listener

This would be awesome, especially if you also could filter out "best of" compilations and orchestral remakes and whatnot.

Only albums (and perhaps singles), in chronological order. Oldest on top.