Sort / Filter new Releases by Albums and Singles

It would be great to have an option to sort New Releases by full albums and singles. Sometimes I try to find new albums for longer listening session and it's frustrating to have those single releases among albums. 

When showing both, there could be some sign to clarify if it's an album or a single.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated: 2015-06-11

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

You might also want to add your kudos to a similar idea about a label to differentiate them here.

limborocks
Regular

Glad to see I'm not the only one who looks for new releases, finds a favorite artist, only to find it is ONE song.  Please offer a sort feature to seperate out New Releases by Singles | Albums please.

syplex
Gig Goer

I would like a button or selection at the top of new releases to show Albums only vs Singles.  It is really annoying wading through hundreds of singles in the New Releases page when I want to load up albums to listen to for awhile while doing work.  Also, lots of artists game the system by releasing a single every few weeks to stay at the top of the New Releases page.  A filter would make the new releases page much more valuable! 

Videonisse
Regular

Great idea! I almost never user the New Releases because of all the singles I don't care of, I want to browse only Albums. Please consider this suggestion.

Waxford

100% agree.  I don't listen to single songs, and the distinction between the two is really important whether you do or don't.  Not being able to tell at a glance what is an album and what is a single makes the new releases tab feel prohibitively tedious to use if you are looking specifically for one or the other.

minigunz

Please do this already!!!!!!!!!! it is the most frustrating part of the spotify user experience - now that you won't let me find new albums through pitchfork or another add-on app.

smp2008
Casual Listener
Agree!!! :) Please make the change!!!
mdesatnik
Casual Listener

I'm with all of you! 

I added the following in a different area on the site:

I love checking out the new music that is available but it would be helpful to know if the song/artist I'm choosing has their whole new album available or just the single.  Please allow a way to filter or identify the difference between the two types.

Thanks,

Mike

When switching from a competing digital music service to Spotify, this was the most frustrating experience.

I use this service to keep track with new album releases. This is complete usless for me when I have to search through and between all the singels to try to find something that interest me. The other music service I had did of coures split between album- and singles release. I can't imagine why Spotify doesn't do anything with this. If this feauture does not come in short time, I will switch back to the service I had before.

Stig

mahoggin

Please! This drives me nuts.