Sorting options for the "Following" section

I follow artists when I want to remember to check them out. It would be nice if the list was sorted by something. Ideally "date added".

Updated: 2016-02-06

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Sorting-Options-for-Following/idi-p/...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
This is a re-post of this inactive idea.

norler71

Sorting by date would be fabulous. It would remind me at the end of any year which bands I discovered during the course of the year. 

Also, sorting by alphabetical order would be great as well!

Bram_V
Regular
Good idea! Alphabetical would be my choice!
cj_jacobs_
Casual Listener

I was just looking at my list of followed artists, and it appears that Spotify automatically alphabetizes many of them, but not ALL of them, which is completely baffling.  I go through about half the list, and it's in perfectly rational order, then it gets to a certain point and the rest of them are just randomly thrown in there.  I don't understand this at all.  Why are some artists being listed in alphabetical order, but not all?

I would prefer the option to choose either date added, or alphabetical, as a sorting method.  Please do something about this, it's so messy.  Everything else about the site is so streamlined and organized and easy to use, I don't understand why something that seems so obvious and simple hasn't been implemented yet.  If you follow hundreds of artists, this is a huge pain in the butt.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-02-06

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Sorting-Options-for-Following/idi-p/...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!