Sound quality

Regaring sound auality, it could automatically be set whenever the user users Spotfy under said account.

Eg.. If you install Spotify on your desktop, and login, it will default to the low quality. Where as if you upgrade you account, then login, you'll be set to 320k quality, all done without needing to change any setting.

If already logged in, when they upgrade/downgrade, all they need to do it log off, & and back into Spotify.

This way, everything stays automatic, without users needing to worry about "I've upgraded to Premium, but quality is still sounding bad" type questions...  

Let pressure, more convienence :)

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Spotify-should-automatically-switch-to-higher-st...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Believe it or not but some users still got slow connection speed or a volume-based rate.

Less "I've upgraded to Premium, but quality is still sounding bad" questions and more "Spotify uses more data - help!" posts. ;)

On the other side this would have been useful for me... Had to reinstall Spotify and totally forgot about it, just to discover by accident that I had high quality on off again for 1 week. :p

DorkNYC

Is it still necessary to enable high quality streams? The setting doesn't seem to be there any more.

I decided to try the Premium and am disappointed it does seem to sound any better. I have quite a high-end sound system and a bit of an audiophile ear. I can hear the difference betweeen good compression and bad.

sunny_budda

I have tried to use spotify offline to see if I can get better sound quality, it still sounds poor, would love an equaliser app so I can adjust to my settings.

rexford237
Casual Listener

I am new to Spotify and trying to get clarifcation on the sound quality.  I have subscribed to Premium and set my bitstream on my PC to 320.  But I also have a new Roku for which I've just set up the Spotify account.  Do I need to do anything with the Spotify app on the Roku to ensure I get the highest quality?

And speaking of the highest bit stream quality, can we expect 320 bit stream in 99% of the cases or is it really a crap shoot?  I've read so many reports on this that I don't know what to believe.  I was attraced to Spotify versus MOG for various reasons.  But I understand MOG claims they offer all of their music at the highest bit stream quality.  The latest reports from Spotify seem to suggest that most of the music is at 320, but I am not certain.

Can anyone clarify this matter for me about the bitstream rate 'and' also whether or not I need to do anything in the Spotify app on the Roku to ensure the highest quality?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Spotify-should-automatically-switch-to-higher-st...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!