SoundSpace - A collaborative playlist built off suggestions and votes

DESCRIPTION:

• Interactive playlist creation feature
  • Users (Guests) can request songs to add to the Owner’s playlist
  • Simple up/downvote system to help decide upcoming songs
  • Great for house parties, sporting events, road trips
  • Hosts don't have to spend time creating a playlist that possibly no one will even like. This feature eliminates the need to create a playlist for an upcoming event
  • Never long pauses between songs because there will always be a queue of upcoming songs
  • Attendants don’t have to ask to connect to the speaker or switching of the AUX coord  - no pairing issues

HOW IT WORKS:

• The Host who is connected to a sound system, sets up a SoundSpace
  • The Host must allow access or give a connection code to other Users (Guests)
  • Guests can then suggest songs to the Hosts' SoundSpace.
  • The suggested song will appear in the playlist queue and other Guests can upvote or downvote the suggestion
  • 5 downvotes and the suggestion gets deleted
  • The Host can manually choose out of the suggestions what song to play next or it will automatically choose the next highest upvoted song
  • The feature can include the ability for Guests to retrieve playlists and songs from previously visited SoundSpaces
  • The SoundSpace can automatically suggest song based on Guests favourites

Here is a brief diagram of how it works: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UJgzZlSpm-zQWQwk_yuOIYyyIoiuHURL/view?usp=sharing

Updated on 2021-05-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
par1xs
Visitor

Yes, I would love to see this becoming a real thing. I made a collaborative playlist and**bleep** record label spams their music in it and I hate it. I got to the delete the songs every time. That's why I really would love this, a playlist that's collaborative but with a owner to keep it real.

Jeremy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!