Spotify Android queue

The queue in the android app isn't a queue! It's stack...

I don't know if you have made it that way knowingly or if it's a bug. But I think it should be a real queue, acting the same way as other queues and the windows app.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
TiberiusDRAIG

Yeah, I've always wondered why this is the case, particularly when the desktop version of Spotify uses a FIFO queue. It is a source of irritation for me, and it always throws people for a loop when they're trying to queue songs up on my phone at a party or something.

I'm sure there's probably a reason behind why a LIFO stack has been used, as it's been in there for as long as I remember using the app, but it still doesn't make any sense from an end-user perspective.

Ideally, I'd want to see some consistency between the desktop and mobile apps, with the Android 'queue' being implemented properly as FIFO, but at the same time I can't see why both can't be implemented, giving the user the option to 'queue' or 'stack' a track. 

If the Spotify team aren't going to change the feature to be FIFO, then at least call it what it is - a *stack*, not a queue. The two data-types are distinctly different, and using the wrong name is just misleading, and, as I've said, leads to confusion.    

jackjamison
Regular

Re the queue/stack: I hate this part. So playing anything adding automatically to the queue/stack? And I can't add albums to the queue without clearing it? Can I clear it without adding to it? From what I read on other threads, I'm supposed to use a blank playlist to clear it, but that doesn't work on the Android player.

I'm switching from Rhapsody so I can use my external SD card for offline (which works great, screw you Rhapsody) and this is one of the most frustrating features. I like to make a big cue from albums and then shuffle it.

danchristie

This really, really annoys me. If im listening to a song and queue a few more songs from that album, then move on to other albums to create a longer queue I don't want to have the artists all mixed up! It's jarring and irks me every single time. Surely everyone clicks the song they want to hear most - first? Give us a proper queue please.

S10QaN

When you come from Windows/OS X/Linux  to Android/iOS the experience should be equal, but it's not. I can't listen to music like I do on my desktop computer,  because the same functions/alternatives aren't there!

I have to admitt I was dissapointed of the Android app. And I can't control the syncronisation/download. When I connect so that it is online it starts to download a tons of music that I don't have space for. I need that for other things! But I still want to be able to stream from Spotify servers.

Also, when I want to listen to music I have to go through hundreds of songs that are not available (I haven't been able to make more than 7 % offline). So listen to music on Spotify Android app is not ideal...

Should be better queue options and an alternative to hide unavailable/not downloaded songs.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

hammerheadjoe

Spotify needs a queue for its mobile apps.  Everything else is awesome.

user-removed
Not applicable

I switched from Google Play Music (which has great in-app playlist control where you can slide away tracks and drag a left handle to re-order them) to Spotify.

No slide to delete. A long-press for every **** song.

No re-arrangement.

Songs aren't added to the end, they're added right after the current one.

How do I even "Album 1 then Album 2" without screwing up the order?

Even if I add Album 2 first, Album 1 will be wedged right inside of Album 2.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas