Spotify Christmas present?

Hi everyone,

Spotify has an offer where you will get 3 months premium subscription and only have to pay for one. This is only for new premium subscribers. I think that there should be another offer for existing accounts, because in my opinion it is unfair that I have to pay 3 times 9,99 and if I create a new account, I will only have to pay once 9,99 for 3 months.

What do you think?

Updated: 2015-12-06

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
the_train
Music Fan

When I started listening to Spotify, I used their free service.  Then I decided to pay for it because I was tired of hearing advertisements.  So I benefitted from the fact that other people--advertisers--were paying for me to use Spotify for free.  Since I like Spotify and want them to expand, I'm hopeful that this offer will get some people hooked so that Spotify can sustain its business model and stick around.  I'm not at all unhappy that they have a year-end promotion that lowers the rate for new subscribers.  As someone who benefitted from the free service for almost a year before becoming a premium member, I think some of the people who sign up will become paying subscribers because I was once like them.  I don't think it's unfair to current subscribers--if you are unhappy with the service, leave.  If you like the service, you should pay for it.

Papazova
Not unfair but frustrating. I've been loyal custpmer for almost 2 years now but the new customer is more deserving from me? I want a christmas present too. Not to mention that they DO NOT TELL in the add that this offer is only for new subscribers. I felt misled!
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-12-06

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!