Spotify Jukebox: Queue & Upvote

I have an idea where the Spotify app for phones can have a "Jukebox" mode where you type in a 4-6 digit pin number to connect to someone who has Spotify running on a computer, so when you're throwing a party or a dance you can add songs to the queue. I suppose something similar can be done with a collaborative playlist, but with a separate mode you can choose to only give your pin to people at the party so people not there can't edit your que, add some sort of democracy system where people can upvote the songs they want to hear most, or have something where the person running the Spotify service can create a playlist that people can vote on which songs they'd like to hear but only out of that playlist (this way you don't have someone playing Rage Against the Machine at a kid's birthday party). It's just an idea that I've had. I've seen one other person post something similar but his suggestion was buried and didn't get enough Kudos.

Have a nice day,

gdogpwns123

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
caleb_designer
Regular

Me and my family do this all the time. Music is such a social thing, and it would be amazing to be able to add music to one queue collaboratively, instead of one person controlling everything.

agigliotti
Casual Listener

Hi everyone!! 

I am happy to say there is now a spotify integrated app and webapp called JQBX or app.jqbx.fm where you can listen to music with friends in real time in a collaborative way. You can also listen with random people that have he same taste as you. There is voting and it is a great way to find new tunes. 

Check it out!! 

I have created a room called Gigs World if anyone would like to listen to music together! 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!