Spotify Library

Spotify-

It's mind blowing to me that you won't release any other method other than playlists for organizing your songs, especially for the mobile app. Please take some notes from Rdio. They allow you to add albums, songs, etc to your personal Rdio collection (library)... From there you can filter your music by artist, album, song title, etc. just like you can from the iTunes music app. I'm sorry but this seems like it's a no brainer. Is there a reason you can't implement this? I can't see how this hasn't been done, especially since Rdio has these features already. The only reason I haven't switched to Rdio is because spotify's music quality/reliability is better. Please update this. I've seriously considered relying on my iTunes library again and using iTunes Match for my phone. Thanks.

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-needs-to-become-more-Album-quot-Collection-quo...

Add your kudos there please! 😉

As jwylot mentioned, the new Collection feature is currently in closed beta and should hopefully be available for all users soon. 😉

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend

Sounds a bit like this?

Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-needs-to-become-more-Album-quot-Collection-quo...

Add your kudos there please! 😉

As jwylot mentioned, the new Collection feature is currently in closed beta and should hopefully be available for all users soon. 😉

Regular

and in the process of competing with google you dropped the library altogether, which was one feature that many users found was the MOST useful. I used to happily use the search anytime I wanted to play specific artists, albums or tracks. Its no different than going to a shelf and picking out what you want to listen to, since all music is available anyway.

What if you have 15000 tracks added to playlists that you want to play randomly?

user-removed
Not applicable
@waterox what are you talking about? I didn't even mention google. Rdio is a different music streaming service. I'm glad you're happy with just the stand alone search function, but I wasn't. I listen to a lot of music. So I wanted a better way of organizing everything which they provided with the "your music" update. Problem solved. Thanks spotify.
Roadie

Problem is not solved at all,13randon. "LIBRARY" V. "YOUR MUSIC." NO CONTEST. LIBRARY ALL THE WAY.