Spotify Music Awards

As you might have noticed by the topic of the post, this is not a suggestion regarding the Spotify apps, but more of an idea on how Spotify could make a great Music Awards show, based on the tastes of its diverse community of music lovers.

I remember watching a lot of music awards shows when I was younger. Then, they mattered to me. As I got older and started listening to more and more music, I stopped caring about music awards altogether since the majority of them were less and less about music and more and more about commercial interests.

In my opinion, urging your fans to vote for you on a website so you can win an award it's not how something as important as the celebration of music should be treated. That's celebrating the popularity of an artist, not the artist's music itself!

Spotify, being the only music service that focuses solely on music, would be the perfect host for this show. Spotify Music Awards would be a yearly event where the best artists / songs from each genre would be chosen according to the number of stars that artist or song had been given in that year by the Spotify community.

Why stars and not number of song streams? Well, every time I star a song it's because that song really matters to me and I don't ever want to lose it from sight. It would also make the whole thing much more genuine, tangible and less difficult to "manipulate".

So, what do you think? Has anyone suggested this before? Would you like to see it happen? Not sure if this is the best thread to post this idea so feel free to move it if necessary. Cheers! :)

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Spotify-Awards-Show/idi-p/1626785

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Spotify-Awards-Show/idi-p/1626785

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.