Announcements

Spotify NEEDS SOME CUSTOMIZATION!!!!!

The lack of customization available in spotify is HIDEOUS! The developers need to stop trying so hard and add some basic functionality and customization!

What i am recommending is halting all progress on new 'features' until we have some seriously basic things that should already be in Spotify and should have been from the start!

Examples; (for the windows desktop program {the one i am sat in front of as i write this})

Font! (Size, colour, linespacing etc.) More of these things are in your website support form than your actual program!

Background colours/Skins

The choice of playback device

Equalizer

Finer tuning for things like crossfading & volume (perhaps the option of manually setting a track to play at a reduced/increased volume)

More support for different file formats (.flac .wav etc.)

More customization in search filters

The option for the extra features and plugins (Not mandatory loading of all the features regardless of how often/not at all you use them {could be implemented via the view menu in the file menu bar})

The ability to reorder the left side menu bar, including splitting the list of playlists.

And those are just the things off the top of my head, that virtually every other media player has in some capacity or another!

All of these thing have been suggested time and again! Your customers are screaming for these things!  But your too busy designing new 'features' to replace the older features that people have grown accustomed to and actually use on a regular basis! 

You have a very active idea's forum for the next stage up, the increased functionality that the users want, they should not be crying out for very basic features! So many of your customers are very unhappy that these issues (that have mostly been raised years ago by the way!) are STILL unresolved! 

I think that unless you fix these underlying issues your currently popular music player will get out done by other more serious companies. The only reason will be because of your lack of infrastructure!

You are building a platform for the people who pay you to be able listen to music (and many that dont, but you have your own limitations for free users), they dont all want the same platform, therefore you need to hand them some control over the layout, design and features that they use! You WILL NOT survive in this day and age until you give the people the customization they crave!

This is what your program needs! So get to it!

I write this, not for myself, to benefit from a new feature i want you to put in (i've found workarounds for most of my gripes) I write this for you, as a warning, and for your millions of paying customers who are screaming for some of these things and have been for ages!

Oh and please dont just slap this with a 'under consideration' tag or some 'not right now' tape, its a serious matter and you know it.

Updated: 2015-06-22

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hi @Xeigho thanks for your post!

In order for us to give the most accurate status update to these ideas (and for users to kudos the exact feature they want to see) it's best if these are broken down into separate, specific ideas. That way the users that want an equalizer can kudo that idea, while another user can kudo the idea for background colours/ skins.

A number of these already have ideas growing in the Ideas board, e.g.:

"Add Equalizer in Spotify"

"Customizing Spotify (skins)"

If any of these ideas don't have a home, please feel free to make a new, specific idea so it can gain kudos. Thanks @Xeigho 🙂

Xeigho
Casual Listener

To clarify this is my idea

'What i am recommending is halting all progress on new 'features' until we have some seriously basic things that should already be in Spotify and should have been from the start!'

The addition of basic features that have been on this idea board for ages, at the expense of your new fancy 'my music' library or w/e.

Most of the things i mentioned should have been put in as a common courtesy to your users!

Xeigho
Casual Listener

Bump?

I can no longer use local files from my pc on my android phone... Good Job spotify. I thought you were supposed to be adding features..

Still lacking a lot of basic funtionality and ease of use changes.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-06-22

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas