Spotify Only Offers Radio Edits When An Original Mix Should Be Offered Too

I listen to a lot of EDM music. Often when a song is released, 2 versions are offered on iTunes and Beatport, the original mix (which will usually be over 5 minutes in length) and a radio edit (which is only 3-4 minutes in length).

However, as of late, I've noticed the growing trend of Spotify only offering the radio edits of tracks. I don't mind that Spotify offers radio edits, but could they at least offer the original mixes of the songs too? I know that I don't have a complete understanding of the laws regarding music rights, but it seems that if Spotify can acquire the radio edit of a specific track, then they should be able to also acquire the original mix at little to no cost.

Spotify, could you please fix this issue? If not, could you at least give me the reasoning behind your decision to only offer radio edits in certain situations?

Thanks.

As per Matt, unfortunately Spotify can't control this. Whilst I do agree with you, you'll have to ask the record label if anything is to be done!

Anthony

Comments
MattSuda
Community Legend

I'm a huge fan of EDM and this bugs me too. This decision is made by the artist and their record label.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Taylor
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

As per Matt, unfortunately Spotify can't control this. Whilst I do agree with you, you'll have to ask the record label if anything is to be done!

Anthony