Spotify Running should be available in offline Mode

Is it possible to make the new Spotify Running feature available in offline mode?

Updated on 2018-02-27

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here. We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change. Should there be any updates we'll post here, thanks folks. 

Related Ideas

Comments
MattSuda
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Thanks for your suggestion!

I tweaked the title so it is easier to find in search.
For your 2nd request about Spotify Now being available offline - please submit a new idea so we can give both topics proper status updates, thx!

MattSuda
Community Legend

I don't think Spotify will make "Now" available offline because it requires data to be fetched from Spotify's server, but maybe certain running playlists could be downloaded and accessed locally

krikelin
Community Legend

I hope so. Otherwise it would be useless since mobile data traffic has been restricted by many operators.

user-removed
Not applicable

I have an Iphone, with the latest update and live in the UK, but I still have not got the new features. I've been to settings but nothing. When will the update be rolled out in the UK?. It said it would around the 20th.

Thanks

MattSuda
Community Legend

Hey @user-removed the update is still rolling out to users. Hopefully you'll have it soon!

XltdCblr

re: Spotify Running - Being able to use this offline is critical for me.  Every month my family goes above our data cap and we use Spotify in offline mode.  If I were to use spotify running the monthly overage charge would go through the roof.  

A hybrid option might be in order - I would grant spotify access to data to determine changing BPM but the music would come from offline playlists.  After a run the app might suggest playlists to use in the future to better my experience, if I were to download them.

In a smilimar way "spotify now" could use data to make recommendations but would be limited to lists already downloaded.

Also with competition heating up - any chance for family plan pricing? - bumpting family members has resulted in my kids constantly trying competing free produts.  

Macpiraz
I have an old iPhone 4 with no sim that I use to run and listen to spotify (in offline mode obviously). Running mode working offline would be nothing less then awesome! Please, add this feature
user-removed
Not applicable

Running Offline would be great, but also adding your own playlist would be better .

urbun

I'm a Premium User, in UK. I have downlaoded latest version of Spotify App to my iPhone 5s. When will I see Spotify Running or Spotify Now- it still doesn't appear?

hulalula

Same here for me. I've tried everything, even updated iOS. Reinstalled the spotify app - the option for trying the Running function still doesn't appear. 

Can anyone help?