Spotify Running should be available in offline Mode

Is it possible to make the new Spotify Running feature available in offline mode?

Updated on 2018-02-27

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here. We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change. Should there be any updates we'll post here, thanks folks. 

Related Ideas

Comments
marksborn
Not yet spotify?
vitorvoglia

Great suggestion!
Spotify please!!!!!

magpie

Please please get this onboard.  Too many people run outside or trail run where service is not perfect.  

nathan2day
I ended cancelling my subscription I got so fed up with waiting for this to be fixed.

Deezer are advertising heavily in the UK at the moment too.
kacper1703
Regular

Users could select a playlist and tempo that they want to download for offline running. The feature would be even more perfect if the playlist changed automatically every week like the "Recommended for you" playlist.

thibaultmol
Casual Listener

Spotify please add this. Without it is COMPLETELY USELESS IN SO MANY COUNTRIES

D4n

Please add...it also aids towards battery if while running if you use strava with gps bluetooth and data the battery gets drained in a glimpse. Switching off data already helps a bit to preserve battery

lowphi
Visitor

I agree, this must be a "must do".

I know many poeple, including me, who are using spotify as running mode with these playlists. And well, even with the spotify cache, it's burning my data counter like in **bleep** (I run 3 times a week, 1 hour per run ... i let you count the data consumption)

I love your offline mode, your listening quality and the UI of the app, but please ... it's a non-sense to be connected for a run in the forest where you have no data, or eat my 4Gb because my offline music is in high quality mode ... ... keep this in mind !

samoht1555
Casual Listener

Im also a premium member of spotify. Used up all my mobile data in 13 days of running, I only get it refilled once a month. 

If spotify doesn't add the offline feature for running then its going to be "Stopify" for me. ;)

shourhorns

I just started using Spotify, and tried this feature for the first time tonight. It's one of the greatest running features I've ever seen, but I will only be able to use it sparingly until an offline mode is available. Running is when I'll use Spotify the most, and this feature will be the differentiating feature that will keep my money coming in!