Spotify Running should be available in offline Mode

Is it possible to make the new Spotify Running feature available in offline mode?

Updated on 2018-02-27

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here. We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change. Should there be any updates we'll post here, thanks folks. 

Related Ideas

Comments
uebewankenobi

For me it's not so much an issue of having high-speed data available, but to gett cell reception at all while running. Sure, I could run through town - but why should I if there's a beautiful forest not that far away?

Please make the running playlists available offline so I don't have to manually create BPM-specific playlists that mirror the ones on the running playlists.

nathan2day

I regularly run in an area with very poor mobile signal, I love the new running feature in the Android Spotify app but I can't use it because it keeps stopping!

Please make this feature available offline, I'd happily select a tempo before leaving home, wait a minute for the tracks to download and then head out for my run.

This is a great feature, please make it availalbe offline even if that means reduced functionality compared to those lucky enough to run somewhere with a good mobile phone signal!

Nathan Child CEng MEng(Hons) MIET

http://www.bitsimple.co.uk

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Updated: 2015-09-23

Thanks guys, we also think this is a great idea. We're goig to mark this idea as 'Under Consideration' and we will update you all as soon as we have more news on Running being an offline feature. 

zaidix

Great idea!! I think the same! Specially because when running sometimes you don't have a good internet connection :D

jfgovern

As a large percentage of the running community does so outdoors I see this as a no-brainer.  For premium subscribers this could be provided for offline listening just like a standard playlist.  Unless one has an unlimited cellular data plan and great cell coverage the feature is rather useless for outdoor running.

Kenikky
Today is September 25, and I still don't have the new Spotify "Now" features. I'm a premium subscriber and I'm more than a little annoyed about this. My friend keeps showing his new features and keeps asking how we can both have the same version, but have different features? I'm annoyed with him too....
tomelner

So I tried my Android Running feature for the first time and 5 minutes into my run lost signal and the music stopped. I hadn't realised it was only usable online!

I ran 5k, stopped and tried loading an existing playlist (the exact same one that I had been listening to on Running, Burn by Tiesto) and found that it was not possible within the running feature. Very frustrating.

As an aside - I started my trial with Spotify back when Running was release for iPhones, I waited and waited for the Android version and am now a paying premium member and have finally got the original feature I signed up for. The feature however is totally useless where I live as it is not possible for me to keep a phone signal here. I am very frustrated by this, please fix it.

franpuerta

Absolutely Great idea!!

I think it is a very useful funtionality but only useful (at least for me) if you need to be on a WiFi/3G network! I use to go running outside and most of the times the phone signal is awful, means this functionality does not work :(

Please, have this into consideration for development!!! :D

moro70
As back up option the possibility to search music by BPM range so you can create your playlists and download offline.
rudeq

Would be really great if all music indeed could be sorted on BPM. I'm still a free user, but this would be a killer feature I would pay for.