Spotify Running should be available in offline Mode

Is it possible to make the new Spotify Running feature available in offline mode?

Updated on 2018-02-27

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here. We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change. Should there be any updates we'll post here, thanks folks. 

Comments
WmWestlake

I would really love to see this implemented, I spend about a quarter of my year in a town with limited to no cell reception, so being able to have Spotify Running offline would be a massive boon. You wouldn't even need full accessibility, just a preferred tempo, an upper time limit (within a range set by you, the Company), and maybe a handful of songs either side of the preferred tempo.

Greenie2

The running mode only makes sense offline - I think spotify is great, but if there is a reason for me to quit then it would be that your running mode only works online....

AGALD1NO

Not yet?

tecset

Offline Running would be really awesome

Moaggus

Running in offline mode would be quite essential, as otherwise the feature is quite useless. In countries with limited data traffic the data volume will be expended in no time. Otherwise this feature would only be useful indoors.
One suggestion: if it is too difficult to implement running offline for all "steps per minute" settings, then maybe it should be at least possible to store a playlist offline for a certain, preselected speed? That means e.g. I can save a running playlist for (constant) 170 steps/minute.

musicrunner

We really need the running playlists to be offline so we can use it during races where there is no signal!  We could set our tempo that we like to run to before we start the race and then transfer it offline so we have our pace.  The beat of the music keeps me at tempo for completing my races!  Then we could also use it on wrist devices in offline mode as well.  THANK YOU!!! 

Raqkelly

Come on, Spotify, when are you going to listen to your paying customers?

sambear1125

Running with music and performance track APP is targeting long and faster, with Spotify Running and Runkeeper work together is brilliant but challenge to the battery life. It is perfect sense to allow user running with this tempo detect music feature offline.

ambs8261

I love running to the originals, but do most of my running on trails, where there is no phone service. Please, please consider making these playlists available offline!!

Bassieworst

Hi Spotify people, is there any news on this topic? I would really love to use the running feature, but I can't. It's not working from the moment I leave the house. And you might have figured, that's where the actual running takes place...

A workaround with downloading specific playlists works, but that obviously is not working with the running feature.

If this feature won't be available offline, is it possible to add a way to search the bpm in songs? In that case we can make our own playlists for desired bpm (spm).

I'm a happy premium user since the beginning of 2012 and I still enjoy all new feartures that are rolled out. Still I have to say that it's kind of bothering me that there is no update on this matter. Especially since the original post is from over 2 years ago...

Can you please at least consider replying?