Spotify Running should be available in offline Mode

Is it possible to make the new Spotify Running feature available in offline mode?

Updated on 2018-02-27

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here. We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change. Should there be any updates we'll post here, thanks folks. 

Comments
Roso
I would really appreciate implementing such feature.

Obviously that would require setting up the cadence/steps per minute before downloading - otherwise Spotify would need to download hundreds of songs, if not thousands.

However in my case, simple playlists for each genre and cadence would be sufficient.
In example I would be fully satisfied with a playlist called "Total Metal 180 steps/min".

Since Spotify already has algorithms for analyzing the music to detect bits per minute, it should be relatively easy to generate such playlists. It seems that the only challenge would be with UI. 
My idea would be, to use current grouping by genre, and when I click on "Total Metal" instead of using the current feature straight away, I would see an option to choose either the current solution, which will still require access to the internet, or predefined (download-able) playlists, grouped by steps/minute.

tessarakt
Casual Listener

"Obviously that would require setting up the cadence/steps per minute before downloading"

The playlist idea seems like a good workaround. Or just a special kind of radio, which should be mentioned in the history once you have used Spotify Running with that cadence. (There is a separate request somewhere to make radios downloadable).

Leszke

Cool idea!

dzejson

super feature!

MarianoItaliano

Cool feature!

Rocksalt

Dear Spotify Runners,

"Running in the Spirit" guitar solo instrumental @ 154 bpm (Steps/Min) by James Sundquist, was just posted on Spotify, so I invite and encourage Spotify Running Playlist Curators to add it to their rotation.  154 bpm is the world-record stride frequency for Marathons and one of the most common jogging paces.

P186949
Wrong post.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-02-27

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here. We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018. We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section. You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change. Should there be any updates we'll post here, thanks folks.