Spotify app syncing and interface tweaks

Dear Spotify,

I'm a new paid customer and I absolutely love your service but as a paid customer, I want (the iOS) Spotify (app) to be even better. Here are some issues you could make better:

AUTO-OFFLINE MODE: Make an option for going into offline mode automatically when on a mobile network. It gets annoying to manually switch back and forth when on wifi, oh and make the switch for offline mode more accessible, with a tap or two less.

AVAILABLE OFFLINE PER SONG: make the option for making a song available offline in a per song basis! This is a must! Especially to manage more precisely the limited storage on mobile devices.

MAKE THE AVAILABLE OFFLINE SWITCH *LESS* PROMINENT: it's way too easy to touch it by mistake or even to confuse it with the filtering option! Which brings me to my next point, make the filtering MORE prominent and a... FAST-LIST SCROLLING.

SYNCING: Downloads should be faster, possible in the background, PAUSABLE, the indicator shouldn't just be in the "playlists" tab, not limited to 3,333 and the USER should be able to set a limit according to the remaining space in the device. Now it's almost random how much space left Spotify leaves empty on the device right when it just stops trying to sync more songs and it also seems to try to sync more everytime (but fails, wasting bandwidth).

Thanks for solving these ASAP :)

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)

Also make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum. In your case, check out for example this idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Smart-Offline-Mode-for-Mobile-Apps/idi-p/25675 ;)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)

Also make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum. In your case, check out for example this idea: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Smart-Offline-Mode-for-Mobile-Apps/idi-p/25675 ;)