Announcements

Spotify engineers should visit this site!

There are ancient posts looking for simple features ("thumbs Down" actually removes an artist form playing in your lists, Discover actually shuffles suggestions for you through a radio option, etc.) that have tons of "kudos" or "likes" or "thumbs up" from 2013, 2012, and yet no changes seem to be occurring in Spotify.

I pay for this service and it just doesn't deliver like free Rdio and Pandora.  I guess the grand experiement has come to an end, and the discovery service that these tools are used for is not supported in Spotify.

When I "thumbs down" Marina and the Diamonds, Spotify, please do not then go on to play Marina and the Diamonds songs SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW (what kind of randomization algorithm is going on here?!?!).

Hey there!

I can assure you that the ideas are regularly brought to the right developer teams by the Community managers. We currently have around 5000 active ideas in the ideas board - that's why some features take longer to be updated than others. They're simply not on the agenda yet.

If you like to have more information what happens to ideas you're submitting, check out this info post.

Comments
MattSuda

Spotify employees do visit this community forum regularly. 

iamkcdot
I wonder, then, what those visiting engineers might be doing with this
information? For years. With no evidence of alteration? YEARS.

camillo75
It can happen they have other priorities. They increased number of customers and made big changes to how software works, cleaning and optimizing. Then there is a thing that could make you believe Spotify is working on discovery too, read thus: http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/06/spotify-acquires-the-echo-nest/ Spotify bought the technology other services currently use to drive discovery. Just be patient a little more. Camillo
Marco
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey there!

I can assure you that the ideas are regularly brought to the right developer teams by the Community managers. We currently have around 5000 active ideas in the ideas board - that's why some features take longer to be updated than others. They're simply not on the agenda yet.

If you like to have more information what happens to ideas you're submitting, check out this info post.

Env: prod